Question ASRock Boot/VGA POST status checker lights flash then nothing...anyone seen this ?

Sep 15, 2022
I have a brand new ASRock Z690M PG Riptide/D5 mobo in a system I'm building. With everything assembled, when I hit the power button, it looks like only the outer 2 POST status checker lights on the mobo (boot and vga) flash. The inner two lights (cpu and dram) might flash but it's hard to tell...if they do it is after the outer two flash. The lights do not stay on, they flash and go out. RGB lights on motherboard are illuminated so I know board has power. No matter what I do, as soon as I hit the power button, those lights flash and then nothing. I have tried taking everything out except the CPU and the power button connector, no change. I have used the USB flash routine to update to the latest firmware, no change. I can't find anything online about what it means when those lights flash then go out. In all the articles I have found one or more of the POST status checker lights stay on. Has anyone ever seen this/something similar?