Question ASRock "Clever Access Memory" vs AMD "Smart Access Memory" vs Nvidia Re-sizable bar

Jul 26, 2022
Hi, quick question. Just trying to figure out what the difference is between the 3 listed in title.

Reason being I don't know which one to enable? I have Intel CPU and ASRock motherboard and there is option in BIOS to enable (CAM) Clever Access Memory. I have EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA GPU and in the Precision X1 software it gives me option to enable Resizable bar.

So just a little confused and wanted ask first. Am I supposed to enable them both? ASRock (CAM) Clever Access Memory from BIOS and Nvidia (Re-sizable bar) from Precision X1.

Not sure if I am supposed to enable them both at same time or choose 1 or the other.

Jul 26, 2022
CAM and REBAR are the same. SAM is amd terms for REBAR.

Just enable above 4g decoding and c.a.m and you're good to go :D

Ok so enable CAM in bios and keep the RE-BAR disabled in Precision X1, got it. Also 1 more question about the instructions I'm using.

1. Install latest Nvidia driver
  2. Update VBIOS of the Graphics Card
  3. Update the Mainboard Bios
  4. Disable CSM, enable 4G Dec. and CAM (rBAR)
  5. Before ensure, that Windows 10 is up to date and your Windows Installation is a GPT one.
My question is about the last instruction. Before ensure, "Windows Installation is a GPT one"

How can I check the windows format? If I have to uninstall and reinstall windows in different format I will just abort mission.

On the Nvidia website it shows a 5% to 12% performance increase for all the games I play when RE-BAR is enabled so just wanted to test it out. Now wonder the enemy team always wins. They all have RE-BAR enabled getting an unfair advantage. Time to even the playing field. I'm going to enable it and take my extra performance gains right to my favorite camping spot where I stand still and don't move all game. I need the extra performance to get to my camping spots before the enemy team gets there.

Ok so enable CAM in bios and keep the RE-BAR disabled in Precision X1, got it. Also 1 more question about the instructions I'm using.

1. Install latest Nvidia driver
  2. Update VBIOS of the Graphics Card
  3. Update the Mainboard Bios
  4. Disable CSM, enable 4G Dec. and CAM (rBAR)
  5. Before ensure, that Windows 10 is up to date and your Windows Installation is a GPT one.
My question is about the last instruction. Before ensure, "Windows Installation is a GPT one"

How can I check the windows format? If I have to uninstall and reinstall windows in different format I will just abort mission.

On the Nvidia website it shows a 5% to 12% performance increase for all the games I play when RE-BAR is enabled so just wanted to test it out. Now wonder the enemy team always wins. They all have RE-BAR enabled getting an unfair advantage. Time to even the playing field. I'm going to enable it and take my extra performance gains right to my favorite camping spot where I stand still and don't move all game. I'll need the extra performance to get to my camping spots before the enemy team gets there.
Nonono, enable all (c.a.m, rebar, above 4g) in order to make the gpu use rebar.

install windows on GPT means that the boot drive must be in a GPT drive, if you're installing windows on the bios that does not have csm enabled by default, it means it uses GPT format.

You could check it on cmd using the command diskpart list disk, and see if your boot drive is GPT.

As for now, resizable bar didnt give alot of benefit. sure there is performance increase but it's not that much. but hey if your gpu and motherboard could do it, why not XD

Jul 26, 2022
install windows on GPT means that the boot drive must be in a GPT drive, if you're installing windows on the bios that does not have csm enabled by default, it means it uses GPT format.

You could check it on cmd using the command diskpart list disk, and see if your boot drive is GPT.

Thanks, I will investigate that. when I was in bios earlier I did notice CSM was enabled.

Reactions: Koekieezz