Asrock ConRoe945PL-GLAN No Boot, please help

microgiant

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
I bought a Asrock ConRoe945PL-GLAN e6300 and some Corsair CM2x1024-5400c4 modules and I get fans spining but no boot screen.

I tried this with a evga GF7800gt and when that didnt work I tried a old PCI card. I also tried 2 proven PSU's

I get no beeps.

I jumpered the bios reset. No joy.

I also tried it with my e6600 and corsair Twin2x2048-6400c4 modules and there was no difference. All parts work on my Asus p5nsli.

So I thought I got a bad board and I ordered a second one and I have the exact same results! :cry:

I have tried this outside of the case with no ram no GPU and still I get no beeps from either card. Maybe my speaker is dead I will try to find another but none of my antec or thermaltake cases came with speakers. I should be able to get a boot screen though.

What on earth is going on? the MB says it supports Core2duo conroe. Anyone have any ideas?

microgiant

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Just found the fine print.

*This motherboard supports FSB800-CPU. If you plan to adopt Core™ 2 Duo CPU on this motherboard, you can only adopt Conroe 800 E4XXX processors.

I feel like ive been scammed. :roll:

What bothers me the most if I called asrock tech support and I told them I was using a e6300 and they did not tell me it wasnt supported before I ordered the 2nd board. In fact he was rude asking why I was wasting his time.