[SOLVED] ASRock driver question on new system ?

PuzzledToo

Reputable
May 14, 2020
I'm configuring a new ASRock B365M Pro4 mobo with a Samsung M.2 SSD and have a question about drivers & software that are on the included disc and their website.

I installed what I thought were the important drivers but have a question on two others, Rapid Storage Technology Driver & Utility, and SATA Floppy Image. I’m not familiar with those & Googled.

RST appears to be mainly for RAID setups, but also claims to help the performance of single drives. A lot of people essentially say it’s not real helpful, and some say it works mainly with Optane memory. I do plan on adding a SATA HDD for storage. What’s the latest thought on RST? Is it worth installing when using a single storage HDD?

The SATA Floppy Image seems to pretty worthless on newer systems from what I could find, however some people say to install it. What’s the current thinking on installing this on a new system?

Thanks for any recommendations

Solution
I'm configuring a new ASRock B365M Pro4 mobo with a Samsung M.2 SSD and have a question about drivers & software that are on the included disc and their website.

I installed what I thought were the important drivers but have a question on two others, Rapid Storage Technology Driver & Utility, and SATA Floppy Image. I’m not familiar with those & Googled.

RST appears to be mainly for RAID setups, but also claims to help the performance of single drives. A lot of people essentially say it’s not real helpful, and some say it works mainly with Optane memory. I do plan on adding a SATA HDD for storage. What’s the latest thought on RST? Is it worth installing when using a single storage HDD?

The SATA Floppy Image seems to pretty...

The SATA Floppy Image seems to pretty worthless on newer systems from what I could find, however some people say to install it. What’s the current thinking on installing this on a new system?

Thanks for any recommendations
You shouldn't need RST but install newest chipset driers. Samsung NVME also has drivers newer than ones in windows so you may want to install those too https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/ as well as Samsung Magician.

Reactions: PuzzledToo
Solution