AsRock Extreme 4, no post, no boot, no Dr. Debug

JusticeGladden

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Hi guys, I am a very long time reader of this site and finally broke down and made an account, in an attempt to get some help.

I took the trip up to my local Microcenter (an hour away) to pick up a 3750k and a AsRock Extreme 4. My excitement was killed will I couldn't boot. I troubleshot every thing that I could think of and everything that Google could tell me. I just had to take the trip up there again to get a replacement.

They told me that the motherboard had bent pins on the CPU part, so they wouldn't replace it. Blah blah, I eventually them to sell me another one for the same bundle price. Came back, same exact problem. I even went and bought a replacement PSU to remedy the problem. Still having it.

All I get is CPU fan, and power supply fan. No booting with, or without my discrete GPU (7850). Checked 8 pin and 24pin connections like no other. Switched out my ram into each individual slot.

Is there something I may have missed, or did I just get screwed out of 200 dollars for both motherboards?

JusticeGladden

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

Thanks, that's kind of what I had figured. Is there anything you can do with a motherboard that has bent pins? Or are you just out of luck?