ASRock Extreme4 gen3 front audio

soloist_huaxin

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
So I got this ASRock Extreme4 gen3 mobo in a HAF912 case for my new desktop, and the front audio sometimes will lose a lot of sound as if it's not plugged in right. What's weird is, if I open realtek HD audio manager and set the balance to all-left or all-right it sounds perfectly fine. Then if I switch to another app(like youtube) the sound will only come out of left(right) channel so I have to set the balance back. It's not a huge deal but it can get annoying sometimes. Any solutions? I'm using the driver from the CD that comes with the mobo, and I'm running windows 7 professional 64bit as OS. Any suggestion is appreciated!

Solution
First mistake. Pretty much any time you buy hardware that comes with a cd, throw that cd out. It's likely there are much more current drivers and apps available on the manufacturers website. I would start there, then I'd check the wires and reseat each one, making sure its properly installed

Kronk42583

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
First mistake. Pretty much any time you buy hardware that comes with a cd, throw that cd out. It's likely there are much more current drivers and apps available on the manufacturers website. I would start there, then I'd check the wires and reseat each one, making sure its properly installed

Solution