Question Asrock fatal1ty b450 gaming-itx/AC "Rysen 3000 desktop ready" is not?

Aug 11, 2019
Hi guys, just bought this board along with a Ryzen 3600. I'm having trouble with it. It power cycles every 20 second without showing anything on the monitor.

I'm leaning on it being the bios is not updated to p. 3.30 (required for the zen 2 generation) even though the box has a "Ryzen 3000 desktop ready" sticker on it. The bios sticker shows p. 1.30 but that has been crossed over by a black marker, which could be a normal procedure when upgrading the boards in stock to be Zen 2 series compatible.

Have any of you had any experience with this? I know about the AMD CPU loaner program but I bought the board specificly to avoid this hazzle, and don't want to initiate it when I'm not sure that it is the problem per the above description.

I've tried ram sticks individually, remembered all power cables to the mobo, gpu, CPU fan and so forth, and have built a lot of systems previously so I'm fairly certain that i am not overlooking anything after double checking several times.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I'm leaning on it being the bios is not updated to p. 3.30 (required for the zen 2 generation) even though the box has a "Ryzen 3000 desktop ready" sticker on it.
This doesn't necessarily mean that it is the correct BIOS for the CPU, just that it is compatible. It's one of those misleading phrases that can often be used.

Depends on when the board was released and how long it has been sitting on a shelf. it is has been released with an outdated BIOS, sometimes the reseller will update this, sometimes they just let it sit on a shelf for weeks.

TRENDING THREADS