ASRock Fatal1ty H370 Performance ATX Motherboard Review: Affordable, but No WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I don't find it particularly unusual for any mobo above the Mini ITX NOT to have integrated WiFi….although admittedly I don't search for it on my large form factor builds. Considering the cost and performance of "key" based wireless/Bluetooth options now it's rather a non issue.

davidgirgis

Honorable
Feb 24, 2016
Verdict:
Buyers who don’t care about extensive onboard RGB lighting or Wi-Fi will find near-par value between the Fatal1ty H370 Performance and its highest-priced competitor, but a price reduction would be required to [strike]pus[/strike]this board above the competition.

Should Be:

Verdict:
Buyers who don’t care about extensive onboard RGB lighting or Wi-Fi will find near-par value between the Fatal1ty H370 Performance and its highest-priced competitor, but a price reduction would be required to put this board above the competition.

gaurav71189

Honorable
Dec 26, 2014

The Gigabyte board offers 5Gb/s USB 3.1 Gen1 headers (one Type-C and one 19-pin) and not the 10 Gb/s Gen2 variant.

It looks like this board has a few too many compromises for some people, but I can't tell if that's a "H" series issue or unique to ASRock. I suspect it is more the former, although I have to wonder who would buy this; many people would be just as happy performance-wise with a lesser board, but if they're not, they probably need to move up to a "Z," making this one the wrong choice.

Well I don't regard a desktop board having no WiFi as fair game for criticism - - for those who need WiFi on a desktop PC (and it should be regarded as a last resort anyway) it doesn't take a degree in rocket-science to add it yourself - :/

Status
Not open for further replies.