ASRock FM2a88x Pro3+ not recognizing 2x8Gb DDR3 1600 G.Skill Memory

geriatricgamer

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
First time builder, long time fan. I read a few books, watched a few videos then watched the videos again as I was building just to watch the CPU fan turn on. I mucked about the motherboard making sure nothing was shorting any circuits, that I had all of the connections made correctly and all that. I took everything out and put the motherboard on a insulated surface and plugged the CPU, CPU cooler and motherboard to the power supply to make sure that the PSU wasn't crap. The speaker made the three beeps (message for no recognized memory). I put the GPU in, and I get the same three beeps. When I put the memory in, no beeps. Nothing shows up on the monitor. From what I've read from my mother board, CPU, and memory forums, it seems that I either need to update my BIOS or replace my memory for another set and hope that that solves the problem. I don't have another CPU since this is my first build, so I was hoping to get any help before I hauled my build to a PC repair shop to update the motherboard. Anything would me a massive help. Cheers

Components:
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti FTW w/ EVGA ACX Cooling
RAM: G. Skill DDR3 2x8Gb 1600
Motherboard: ASRock FM2a88x Pro3+
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified