Question ASRock G31M-S (s-775) and Q6600 core 2 quad fsb?

tzitzikas

Prominent
Feb 17, 2020
Hi. I bought an used ASRock G31M-S motherboard (s-775). My cpu is Q6600 core 2 quad (FSB1066). I built the system. The problem is that when I push the power-on button of the case, the system don't post the first time. Only the green power led is on (the ssd red led is not lighting). If then I push the reset button of the pc case, then the pc boots normally every time (or if I push the power button constantly some seconds to close the power, and then push the power-on button again, the system boots normally).

When I shut down pc, the windows shut down properly and the monitor stop to display, but the cpu fan still spinning.

On motherboard the OC800 jumper has shorted pin1-pin2. Also FSB0 and FSB1 jumpers both has shorted short pin1-pin2. When I moved the jumper OC800 from pin1-pin2 to pin2-pin3 the system operate normally. I have normal boot and normal shut-down. Everytime. It was the right action? To short pins 2-3? Or not? May I had short pin2-3 on FSB0 or FSB1 jumper? What these jumpers FSB0 and FSB1 doing if I short pin2-3 (from 1-2?).

The manual https://download.asrock.com/Manual/G31M-S.pdf
is not explain about the jumpers FSB0 and FSB1. Also I didn't find anything about cpu with FSB1066 If I must short pin2-pin3 at OC800 jumper.
In windows 10 and in bios the cpu has stock frequency (2,4GHZ) if i short pin2-pin3 in OC800 jumper.
Please help me. Thank in advance!

tzitzikas

Prominent
Feb 17, 2020
I shorted the pins 2 and 3 (OC800 jumper). It worked well 3 times. The cpu fan stopped spinning after windows 10 shutdown. But now I am facing the same problem. The pu fan continues spinning after windows 10 shutdown. Why? Is a windows 10 problem or hardware problem? Thank in advance!

tzitzikas

Prominent
Feb 17, 2020
I tried bios update, but there is not any update utility in s.m.a.r.t. options in bios , that the manual refair, to flash the last bios. I wrote the last bios ROM file on a USB fat 32 drive stick. Maybe a locked bios chip? The bios chip in motherboard has a sticker which refairs the bios version 1.6. the last bios update is 2.1 and it's change the shutdown behavior in windows 8. https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/G31M-S/#BIOS

Then I enable in windows 10 command prompt the Hibernate option and then the PC shutdown correctly, but I wouldn't like the Hibernate option on. Also with this option on I can not go to bios menu. It's boot directly from Hibernation. I have to disable it again from command prompt to have biosanu available. So I think that is Windows problem. Anny suggestion? Thank you in advance