Question ASRock G41M-VS3 R2.0 freezing issues

Apr 21, 2019
I have looked everywhere and this site is usually my go to for PC issues. But this is my first time asking a question on here so I apologize in advance if this ends up in the wrong place. What I have is the above mentioned motherboard, with a Core 2 Extreme 3.0ghz 1333 PCU, Crucial 2x4GB 1600 Ram. Other components consist of a WD blue 1TB hard drive, AMD Radeon 4GB RX560, and an Arctic cooler for the PCU. I know the manual calls for 1333 but I read on here that I could overclock the 1600 once everything is set up. My issue seems to happen after I put the jumper over on FSB 2-3 as the manual tells me to after installing 1333 pcu and ram. But I cant get the full range of the ram while I'm on pins 1-2 but that seems to be the only way the PC will run without locking up. I caught all kinds of hell trying to get Windows 10 installed on this while on the adjusted jumper. I'm a complete noob when it comes to overclocking and I know this is an outdated build, but I've heard good things about Core 2 Extreme PCUs and would like to keep this one around. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.