ASRock Gives AMD Ryzen Mini-ITX Treatment, Launches X370 Gaming ITX/ac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gillerer

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2013
This "irony" thing concerning Intel parts on AMD motherboards is starting to get a little old. Why would motherboard vendors limit their products' capabilities based on imaginary frontlines? Intel WiFi and Gb NICs are the best available, so why not use them (unless it's a low-end mobo where every cent counts)?

scannall

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
I think it's a nice little board. And the thought of 8 cores in a tiny case is kinda fun. But, I don't understand the X370 bit. The only difference between X370 and B350 is Crossfire/SLI support. And with only 1 slot, that isn't happening.

scannall

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
More USB ports, which this doesn't have. More SATA which this doesn't have. Everything on the board fits inside the B350 'envelope'. So I'm guessing marketing?

XaveT

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2013
There's a good comparison here (http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2763-amd-chipset-comparison-x370-b350-a320). Looks like more USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, More SATA, more PCIE 2 lanes, and Overclocking support are the main pieces.

Gillerer

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2013
Both AnandTech and Tom's Hardware are owned and operated by Purch. I'm sure they are "borrowing" with full rights. Short news pieces written once, published twice reduces costs, and there's usually little editorial content in them, anyways.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That's assuming the author actually works for Tom's in particular. It's entirely possible he is an employee of Purch or 3rd party contractor, so is able to post on either or both without any conflict of interest. That's also assuming that the author actually does the posting, and it's not just a news story turned into Purch, whose editorial staff decides to then post it wherever..

Status
Not open for further replies.