[SOLVED] ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ nvme

pacmak

Commendable
May 21, 2019
Hello, I'm not sure about nvme storage for this type of MB. Does nvme storage work in this MB? Or I need an PCIE adapter? Thanks for answers

Solution
It supports a single M.2 SATA storage device. It does not support an M.2 PCIe storage device. When used, the M.2 slot will disable the SATA_3 slot.

I seems as though it DOES support booting from an M.2 PCIe device if a PCIe slot adapter is used, but you will likely want to confirm that with ASRock.

Without an adapter, unless you are just trying to reduce cabling and save space, there isn't a lot to be gained by using it's M.2 SATA slot over using a regular SATA 2.5" drive. Speeds will be the same.
It supports a single M.2 SATA storage device. It does not support an M.2 PCIe storage device. When used, the M.2 slot will disable the SATA_3 slot.

I seems as though it DOES support booting from an M.2 PCIe device if a PCIe slot adapter is used, but you will likely want to confirm that with ASRock.

Without an adapter, unless you are just trying to reduce cabling and save space, there isn't a lot to be gained by using it's M.2 SATA slot over using a regular SATA 2.5" drive. Speeds will be the same.

Solution

pacmak

Commendable
May 21, 2019

Thanks for answer. So I need and PCI-E adapter for nvme?