Asrock h110m itx Question

Lit2089

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017
I'm building a mini itx PC and just bought a g4560. Will this work with the motherboard right out of the box? I see it's supported on the sight then I see reviews about it needing to be flashed???

Solution
Only way to know is to confirm with the actual seller. When the site says "supported" it can mean 1) supported out-of-the-box; or 2) supported IF with an updated BIOS.

If the actual motherboard you will receive was manufactured prior to the release of Kaby Lake, then, you would need a Skylake CPU just to update the mobo's BIOS. If the actual motherboard you will receive was manufactured after the release of Kaby Lake, then, there is a *chance* (not yet certain), that its BIOS *may* (or may not) be updated for Kaby Lake CPUs already.

To eliminate this issues or hassles, just get a B250M ITX motherboard.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Motherboard: MSI B250I PRO Mini ITX LGA1151...
Only way to know is to confirm with the actual seller. When the site says "supported" it can mean 1) supported out-of-the-box; or 2) supported IF with an updated BIOS.

If the actual motherboard you will receive was manufactured prior to the release of Kaby Lake, then, you would need a Skylake CPU just to update the mobo's BIOS. If the actual motherboard you will receive was manufactured after the release of Kaby Lake, then, there is a *chance* (not yet certain), that its BIOS *may* (or may not) be updated for Kaby Lake CPUs already.

To eliminate this issues or hassles, just get a B250M ITX motherboard.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Motherboard: MSI B250I PRO Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard ($89.99 @ B&H)
Total: $89.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-20 05:54 EDT-0400

Solution