ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP LGA 1155 damaged?

nightkidz

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
Hey all, I have this ASRock motherboard here that has been functioning since last November.

Recently, I have to ship it home. When it got here, I think the carrier broke my heatsink somehow. So I have replaced the stock intel i5 heatsink with the cooler master hyper 212 plus.

Throughout the process I was really careful with all the components and stuff. But now, after I have put in the new heat sink and hook everything back up, the computer won't turn on. I am afraid that as careful as I was, I might have broke something on the motherboard.

I have done the PSU test (using the paperclip to imitate the motherboard circuit) and it was working just fine. However, I have no way to tell whether the CPU or the motherboard is damaged during the process.

MB: ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP LGA 1155
GPU: Sapphire radeon HD 7870 2GB
CPU: Intel i5 3570k 3.4GHz
New Heat Sink: Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus
RAM: G skill Ares 8GB (4GB X2)
PSU: Corsair enthusiast TX650

I think my motherboard is still under warranty but I want to fix it if I can.

Thank you very much for the help!

Sorry if I left any information out, please tell me what you would need and I will provide you the information.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Try unplugging, reset the CMOS (remove the battery from the mobo for about 15seconds and reinstall. Plug in and fire it up, if it boots and goes into BIOS reset the time to correct, save and let it see if it will go into Win - if it won't boot at all or into BIOS, tell me What It Does DO - if anything.

nightkidz

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012

just did that, still no response whatsoever

nightkidz

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012

unfortunately, i do not have another power supply. i have checked the 24+4 connection and the 8 pin CPU connection, they are well-connected

one thing i forgot to mention, my computer has shut off from over heating i think because the broken heat sink wasn't sitting well. but i checked the cpu and everything, it does not look burnt at all ( this is before placing the new heat sink)

nightkidz

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012

thanks a lot for the help, i'll take a look at the guide and see if it solves anything