ASRock H97 Pro4 vs MSI H97 pc mate

Ejraam

Reputable
May 5, 2014
which one to choose?...and why?
i have no prefrence...both are close in price..just wanna know which has more features to offer

Solution
They're quite identical specs wise, though PC MATE has 2 x16 slots (x8/x4 max) which enables it to have CFX capability, though you'd not want to do it on x4 bandwidth. Other than that, the PRO4 has a slightly better audio chip (ALC 892) than the PC MATE (ALC 887). But again the difference in real life reception would not be significant.

I won't pinpoint a board as a clear winner, since both have one minor advantage over other. If anything, I'd go with better audio as the 2nd x16 slot won't really be of any use, since most expansion cards are x1, except the PCIe SSDs.
They're quite identical specs wise, though PC MATE has 2 x16 slots (x8/x4 max) which enables it to have CFX capability, though you'd not want to do it on x4 bandwidth. Other than that, the PRO4 has a slightly better audio chip (ALC 892) than the PC MATE (ALC 887). But again the difference in real life reception would not be significant.

I won't pinpoint a board as a clear winner, since both have one minor advantage over other. If anything, I'd go with better audio as the 2nd x16 slot won't really be of any use, since most expansion cards are x1, except the PCIe SSDs.

Solution

Ejraam

Reputable
May 5, 2014

thank alot...i appreciate your opinion...

looking for more opinions to decide...