asrock memory error 1 beep sshd

ah4444

Reputable
Jun 8, 2017
Hi,
I have an error ive been trying to figur out. I get a single beep continuously. Im told its a memory refresh error but my memory is working fine, unless theres some test i dont know about.

asrock gaming k6
firecuda 2tb sshd
gskills trident ddr4 32

So at first I was using a windows 8.1 to go workspace and it was doing that 1 beep continously for about half an hour, or until i used the windows media creation tool. Once I installed windows 10 it stopped beeping completely, until I attached an sshd drive, and then it refuses to boot and stays stuck at the asrock screen. if i remove it everything works fine. but why is the beep telling me i have a refresh error from here, when its all fine without the sshd. is the sshd somehow damaging my ram.
I tried checking if the sshd has its own beep but apparently seagate doesnt use beeps.
can anyone tell me whats happening.
if ive missed anything let me know and ill add it
please and thanks.

ah4444

Reputable
Jun 8, 2017
So this is still open.
Well just thought id answer for anyone with a similar issue in the future. turns out that seagate firecuda sshd's do have error feedback beeps. the beep was from the drive not the motherboard and the drive was completely faulty. i also updated the bios to the latest bios that my motherboard would accept using the internet/instant flash in asrock bios