[SOLVED] asrock mobo not getting out of bios

TheAlmightySkeletor

Commendable
Jul 30, 2020
hey all my boyfriends pc is being finicky the pc says incorrect boot device please select proper device. But the thing is he only has two disks the ssd data and the Seagate external I gave him and the os is on the Sata. It was working fine last night he uses it religiously but today it just turned on and won't get out of bios. I tried trying a fEw things with him but couldn't get nowhere we tried just selecting the sata, turning on secure boot and restoring defaults. Im starting to believe this is a faulty ssd or something worse any information? This was a skytech prebuild so wouldn't strike me as sus.

Solution
You can ask him to use CPU-Z to show what he has in that system. I'm curious to learn what the make and model of the board is since it's listed on the Amazon page as having an A320 chipsetted motherboard. So we can understand what BIOS version you're on.

You can ask him to recreate his bootable USB installer for Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tools and then ask him to reinstall the OS after disconnecting the HDD(leaving the SSD intact, provided he has nothing worth loosing on the SSD) and see if the system regains functionality.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you get into BIOS? If so, check and see what drives show up in the Boot Device options. If you were working with Windows 10, you should be seeing Windows Boot Manager in the options, if not, the OS might've conked out or your SSD conked out, or both. While in BIOS, please take a note of what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing.

Might want to also parse the specs to your entire build. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

TheAlmightySkeletor

Commendable
Jul 30, 2020
Can you get into BIOS? If so, check and see what drives show up in the Boot Device options. If you were working with Windows 10, you should be seeing Windows Boot Manager in the options, if not, the OS might've conked out or your SSD conked out, or both. While in BIOS, please take a note of what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing.

Might want to also parse the specs to your entire build. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Yeah he can get into bios fine he just can't get to the actual os, he's not sure what he has in it but heresthe amazon listing https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Blaze-Gaming-Computer-Desktop/dp/B085F2BFWR

He also says he didn't see any Windows boot manager section in the boot selection tab the only two boot drives are the sata ssd and the Seagate external but the external has nothing but his games the os was on the ssd, yeah I feel its one of the two probably knowing pre builds its the ssd dying.

Lutfij

Titan
You can ask him to use CPU-Z to show what he has in that system. I'm curious to learn what the make and model of the board is since it's listed on the Amazon page as having an A320 chipsetted motherboard. So we can understand what BIOS version you're on.

You can ask him to recreate his bootable USB installer for Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tools and then ask him to reinstall the OS after disconnecting the HDD(leaving the SSD intact, provided he has nothing worth loosing on the SSD) and see if the system regains functionality.

Solution