[SOLVED] ASRock mobo not working with my ryzen 5 2600 and corsair vengeance lpx ram

Mar 27, 2019
I have been trying to boot my new PC, but when i switch it on, the fans run, but I don't have a boot screen or a BIOS. I have been told my CPU might have been DOA but I'm not sure.
Can anyone help with this?

Solution
I don't have GPU yet so I've used displayport and HDMI to try to run it
But I have integrated graphics in the motherboard so that should help

There's your problem --- that motherboard doesn't have an integrated graphics adapter --- the graphics ports on the motherboard will only work if you install a CPU which has a graphics chip, but your Ryzen 5-2600 does not have a graphics chip. So you'll get nothing on the screen until you install a graphics card and connect your monitor to that.
I don't have GPU yet so I've used displayport and HDMI to try to run it
But I have integrated graphics in the motherboard so that should help

There's your problem --- that motherboard doesn't have an integrated graphics adapter --- the graphics ports on the motherboard will only work if you install a CPU which has a graphics chip, but your Ryzen 5-2600 does not have a graphics chip. So you'll get nothing on the screen until you install a graphics card and connect your monitor to that.

Solution

McKeu

Proper
Mar 27, 2019
As Phillip said. AsRock / ASUS boards normally do not have an integrated graphics processor. The hdmi port on the back will only work, if you have an APU (Accelerated Processing Unit), which delivers integrated graphics.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yup, no integrated graphics. From the motherboard's manufacturer itself.

"- Integrated AMD Radeon™ Vega Series Graphics in Ryzen Series APU*"

That doesn't mean your motherboard has its own integrated graphics, only that you can use the integrated graphics of an APU, like the 2400G. The motherboards themselves don't have the graphics core, simply the tools to use a CPU with a graphics core.

It's increasingly rare for any motherboards to have an on-board graphics solution apart from the chip. I can't think of a single AM4 one offhand, at least anything mainstream.

TRENDING THREADS