[SOLVED] ASRock Mobo Pump Fan Connectors Upside Down

Apr 12, 2022
Hi! Sorry if this isn't formatted correctly. I just joined the forums and this is my first build. I'm working on an ASRock Z590M Pro4, and the pump fan connector slots on my board are oriented the wrong way, according to both the manual and the product pictures I looked up online. Everything else has matched up perfectly fine with the manual, and I'm so close to being done with my build.

I'm just not sure what this means. I ordered the board from Newegg and it came in the original packaging, sealed. Is it likely that I received a slightly different model than the Z560M Pro4, or is this a product error? Do I need to submit a ticket to Newegg about this or is it likely to work properly if I just follow the notches as they are? I'm especially nervous because I'm using a 3-pin on a 4-pin slot so the orientation is a little more complicated.

I've attached pictures below, for both proof and reference. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Solution
99% of builders probably wouldn't notice the orientation in the manual doesn't match the board.

Overwhelmingly high chance it's nothing to worry about. Since the connectors are keyed, you can only plug the cable in one direction anyway. Most likely a boo boo from the person illustrating the manual or a layout change that was implemented after the manual illustrations were already done and they didn't bother to revise them.

The odds are small, but never zero, that the pins DO match the manual and the plastic housing was installed upside down from the factory. You can check this by using a multimeter to find the ground pin.

Other way to test is to plug a cheaper fan into the header and see if it runs instead of risking your AIO pump.
99% of builders probably wouldn't notice the orientation in the manual doesn't match the board.

Overwhelmingly high chance it's nothing to worry about. Since the connectors are keyed, you can only plug the cable in one direction anyway. Most likely a boo boo from the person illustrating the manual or a layout change that was implemented after the manual illustrations were already done and they didn't bother to revise them.

The odds are small, but never zero, that the pins DO match the manual and the plastic housing was installed upside down from the factory. You can check this by using a multimeter to find the ground pin.

Other way to test is to plug a cheaper fan into the header and see if it runs instead of risking your AIO pump.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS