Question ASRock Motherboard, no sounds through HDMI

Nov 10, 2019
I upgraded to an ASRock motherboard as my old one broke and I never used to have this problem. There is sound through the back panel in the audio slots - but when I plug in the HDMI cable the HDMI device doesn't show up under audio playback (Windows 10).

View: https://imgur.com/a/rBcqNuA
(Show disabled devices & show disconnected devices is also on)
The speaker is the audio panel, Im not sure what the other one is.

I installed the drivers on the disc that came with it, which included a Realtek audio driver, still have the same problem. I've switched the HDMI cables, restarted the computer, updated the graphics card driver (and also checked for monitor driver updates), still the same problem.

I have an A320M-DVS R4.0 motherboard from ASRock and a Sapphire Nitro graphics card, if thats any use. I also have the AMD Radeon Settings app, I don't know if something could be going wrong there.
Thank you.

P.S: I am running a dual monitor set up, they have different cables, DVI to HDMI, and the other is just HDMI to HDMI.

popatim

Titan
Which exact nitro do you have?
The driver installs the HDMI audio driver. Perhaps it was unselected for installation when the driver was installed last time or a windows update killed it.

Check Device manager and make sure it's not disabled there. Is it appearing there?
It's usually in the SOUND, VIDEO, & GAME CONTROLLERS section