[SOLVED] Asrock or Asus B450M

NewbieATbuildingpc

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
So i just got some money and i going to buy a motherboard,cpu and ram for my case, the cpu i plan to buy r7 2700x and 8gb x 2 from kingston but im having hard time choosing between

asrock b450m steel legend or
asus b450m tuf gaming

their both similar in price about 80 dollar
im gonna pair it with my rx 480

Solution
Well... I wouldn't choose neither of those 2.

For the 2700X the ASRock B450M Pro4 should be a better choice than both of those listed by you... it should also be cheaper. VRM configuration and cooling is better on the Pro4... you'll be able to even OC on it decently.

If you want to go even higher in quality... the MSI B450M Mortar would be one of the best choices for mATX B450 chipset. Though you need to check availability in your country on this one... also price might be over your $80 budget.

On the ones you listed VRM cooling is impeded by those beefy I/O shields... yeah it looks better, but performance is more important in my eyes than aesthetics.
Well... I wouldn't choose neither of those 2.

For the 2700X the ASRock B450M Pro4 should be a better choice than both of those listed by you... it should also be cheaper. VRM configuration and cooling is better on the Pro4... you'll be able to even OC on it decently.

If you want to go even higher in quality... the MSI B450M Mortar would be one of the best choices for mATX B450 chipset. Though you need to check availability in your country on this one... also price might be over your $80 budget.

On the ones you listed VRM cooling is impeded by those beefy I/O shields... yeah it looks better, but performance is more important in my eyes than aesthetics.

Last edited:
Reactions: NewbieATbuildingpc
Solution

TRENDING THREADS