Solution
You can't really go wrong with either manufacturer, as they are both part of the ASUSTek family. ASUS is the expensive enthusiast version, and ASRock is the budget enthusiast version.

Kind of like the Mercury-Ford relationship. You can get basically the same vehicle from Mercury and Ford, but the Ford will be more expensive and have some extra features. Whether you need the extra features is up to you.

I have an ASRock P67 Pro3 mainboard, and I'm quite happy with it. Saved some money because I knew I wouldn't need the fancy-schmancy crap on the equivalent ASUS board.
You can't really go wrong with either manufacturer, as they are both part of the ASUSTek family. ASUS is the expensive enthusiast version, and ASRock is the budget enthusiast version.

Kind of like the Mercury-Ford relationship. You can get basically the same vehicle from Mercury and Ford, but the Ford will be more expensive and have some extra features. Whether you need the extra features is up to you.

I have an ASRock P67 Pro3 mainboard, and I'm quite happy with it. Saved some money because I knew I wouldn't need the fancy-schmancy crap on the equivalent ASUS board.

Solution

AlienIsGOD

Distinguished
May 3, 2008
AsRock have made great strides in the last few years. My AMD rig runs a 785G board and overclocks very well. My friend has an AsRock i7 board and it performs very well and has an abundance of BIOS options.

acer0169

Distinguished
Good to hear because there are some great ASRock boards ON PAPER, but I've always heard they were a bit of a let down to live with so I stayed away. They have some boards that are very similar to top-range MSI boards but the MSI cost more. Nice to know they're getting worth while.