Question Asrock Phantom Gaming 4 + Ryzen 3400G No Video

Nov 6, 2019
Hi,

I've just built a system using the Asrock Phantom Gaming 4 x570 and Ryzen 5 3400G. The system starts up, the post lights on the motherboard go off, monitor exits powersaving mode and the keyboard lights come on, but I'm getting nothing but a black screen. The screen is working, having been plugged into a NUC and running just 5 minutes before. The screen is an older display, and uses a VGA to HDMI converter, which was supplied with our NUC.

Any ideas on what could be the issue? I'm unable to get into the bios due to not seeing a display at all, so am not able to make changes there.

Thanks

Nov 6, 2019
Hi,

I have the 4+4 Pin Connector in the CPU Power Slot, yes. I thought perhaps it was the bios needing an update, but upon checking it this morning it's on P1.40, which is listed as the required version for the most recent Ryzen 5 3400G, which we've got.

Aside from the CPU, there's only:

• 16GB of G.Skill Fortis (2x8GB) AMD RAM in 2400MHz
  • ADATA 256Gb SX6000 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD
  • Intel M.2 Wireless Module

Nov 6, 2019
The HDMI to VGA Adapter may have limited compatibility, i.e. All NUCs.

That's what I'm hoping. The annoying part is this is a work pc - if it were at home I'd be able to test it very quickly. I might just have to take it home with me tonight and try it on one of my monitors.

TRENDING THREADS