[SOLVED] ASRock POST Screen - How to make it display connected devices, memory, etc. ?

Feb 28, 2022
All motherboards I've ever owned have displayed RAM, all connected drives, etc. on the boot screen, but my ASRock x299 Creator doesn't, and I can't find an option for it, only the option to turn off the Logo, which I've done, but it still really doesn't show much information (although I do really like the post codes in the lower right corner). Nothing critical, but I do like seeing that information during boot. Is there a way to do this with the ASRock BIOS?

Solution
ultra fast boot can make it hard to actually get into bios

When new PC with nvme can boot in 15 seconds, showing a list of drives loading is counter productive.

I can understand why you would want to see it. Outside of server hardware I can't think of a way to show they all have started. Apart from slower boot times because the BIOS is waiting for a drive to answer and its given it 30 minutes. But the last one isn't something you really want :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
How long since you bought a new motherboard?

its been a while since the boot details showed like that at startup. I know my last Z97 board didn't show it, I can't really recall the previous PC as I haven't used it in 7 years now. It might have shown it but it was a P5N32E SLI board and from 2008.

most boards moving towards trying to make boot process as fast as possible, showing info like that is counter productive. Some boards have modes like fast boot that run all the checks at once on hardware and you might not get time to see the counts, even if you could get them to show.

I can't see anything for that board in the manual. https://download.asrock.com/Manual/X299 Creator.pdf

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Feb 28, 2022
How long since you bought a new motherboard?

its been a while since the boot details showed like that at startup. I know my last Z97 board didn't show it, I can't really recall the previous PC as I haven't used it in 7 years now. It might have shown it but it was a P5N32E SLI board and from 2008.

most boards moving towards trying to make boot process as fast as possible, showing info like that is counter productive. Some boards have modes like fast boot that run all the checks at once on hardware and you might not get time to see the counts, even if you could get them to show.

I can't see anything for that board in the manual. https://download.asrock.com/Manual/X299 Creator.pdf
It's been since 2015. I just replaced the ASUS Rampage V Extreme I bought in 2015 with this one. Okay, thanks for the feedback. Sounds like that info at post may be a thing of the past, and I can't find an option in the BIOS to display it (other than going into the BIOS and looking there). This board can be changed to Ultra-fast, but that's it. I like seeing mainly the drives connected because I use this for video production and have a large array of drives. The old board had a habit of dropping one of the magnetic drives I'd originally put in when I first built it randomly at boot on occasion, so I'd gotten into the practice of watching it as it booted (although to be honest, that stopped happening when I moved them all to SSDs a couple years back, but I'd still always look). For me it became about having the peace of mind that everything came up as it should (plus, having had computers since the early 80s I'd just gotten used to seeing it). That probably won't be a problem now, so should be easy to live without that info being displayed. It'll take me a bit after decades of being conditioned to see it.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
ultra fast boot can make it hard to actually get into bios

When new PC with nvme can boot in 15 seconds, showing a list of drives loading is counter productive.

I can understand why you would want to see it. Outside of server hardware I can't think of a way to show they all have started. Apart from slower boot times because the BIOS is waiting for a drive to answer and its given it 30 minutes. But the last one isn't something you really want :)

Solution