[SOLVED] Asrock Radeon RX VEGA 56 8GB HBM2 Phantom Gaming X or Zotac GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 Gaming AMP + ?

Aug 21, 2019
Hi all,

Hope you're all doing well!
I'm having some trouble with my old Sapphire R9 280x and I'm looking for a mid-tier GPU to replace it. I'm still trying to decide between the two graphic cards on the title. Truth is I'm an average gamer who doesn't aim at 4k gaming, just 1080p high/ultra on latest games. I'm from Argentina so budget is definitely a thing, so I'd like to buy also the best-value-for-money GPU between those two.
I have the following set-up:
  • Intel Core i7 4770k
  • G-skill DDR3 3000Mhz (2x8gb)
  • R9 280x 3Gb
  • Sentey 850w 80 bronze power supply
  • Kingston SSD 240Gb
  • WD Blue 1TB
Your help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Have a nice week!

Solution
Oh BTW, please do not use that SENTEY PSU, regardless of which GPU you plan to upgrade. Sentey PSUs are of very poor quality. Try to grab some other high-quality PSU model.

They usually have poor voltage regulation and ripple that could be damage other components. Sentey uses numerous OEMs for their products (SF, Sinyang Electronics, and others) and w/o knowing which OEM and which platform from that OEM, i'd be hard pressed to make a recommendation.

Though, the Super Flower units are okay.
Oh BTW, please do not use that SENTEY PSU, regardless of which GPU you plan to upgrade. Sentey PSUs are of very poor quality. Try to grab some other high-quality PSU model.

They usually have poor voltage regulation and ripple that could be damage other components. Sentey uses numerous OEMs for their products (SF, Sinyang Electronics, and others) and w/o knowing which OEM and which platform from that OEM, i'd be hard pressed to make a recommendation.

Though, the Super Flower units are okay.

Last edited:
Solution