[SOLVED] ASRock RX 590 defective crash

iman0khormali

Prominent
Aug 4, 2018
Hello there.

So I got my new build 3 days ago. Now I got problem with the GPU, it keeps crashing (in-game and sometimes in desktop).

This is my build:
Mainboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
GPU: ASRock RX 590 Phantom gaming 8gb OC
RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz
PSU: Corsair CV650w

I have to underclock the power limit by 10% and also underclock the GPU frequency and VRAM to get it to not to crash.
I was wondering if there is a way to get over this problem.

(Sorry for any english mistakes if i made, not my mother tounge :D )

Edit: I benchmarked it with Unigine superposition to test if there is temp problem, temp looks fine and it crashes at around 75 degrees without underclocking.

Solution
Hello!

I have the same problem.
I have the same video card, and it's also crash in blender and in games.
I underclocked it to 1545mhz with 1.150 v, but it also crashed some times, so I reduced the power limit to - 18%, and it solved the problem for me.

Now I don't get artifacts in furmark rog edition, but it seems like, sometimes I get stuttering.

My specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
GPU: asrock phantom gaming x rx590 8g oc
PSU: Gigabyte G750H 750w

edit: The gpu only has one (6+2) PCI-e connector. I used asrocks phantom gaming tweaker for underclocking.

(sorry for my bad english 😅)
Apr 10, 2020
Hello!

I have the same problem.
I underclocked it to 1545mhz with 1.150 v, but it also crashed some times, so I reduced the power limit to - 18%, and it solved the problem for me.

Now I don't get artifacts in furmark rog edition, but it seems like, sometimes I get stuttering.

My specs:

edit: The gpu only has one (6+2) PCI-e connector. I used asrocks phantom gaming tweaker for underclocking.

Solution

iman0khormali

Prominent
Aug 4, 2018
Hi there.

I've fixed my problem also with the same solution but I used a little different setups.

I'm using these tuning settings:
GPU Tuning Frequency (MHz): from state7 until state 3 is 1266MHz
VRAM Tuning: all of the states are 1750
Power Tuning: -10w

This seems to have fixed my problem, and also it didn't affect my FPS much, maybe 3-4 FPS.

But my advice for the people who want to buy a new GPU would be that they shouldn't buy RX590 since mostly it has problems with power. the equivalent for it would be GTX 1660 Super i guess so that's a better option.
Hello!

I have the same problem.

My specs:

Reactions: TheProtector13

TRENDING THREADS