[SOLVED] Asrock Taichi 6800 XT "no signal" ?

Aug 18, 2021
Hello,
I finally bit the bullet and bought an asrock taichi 6800 xt back in May and it worked just great until now. I went to turn my system on and got a no signal. The vga light on my asus b450-f stays on and then it just sits there until I turn the pc off again. I tried putting the card in the second pcie slot with no luck. Tried changing out my cables still nothing. But when I plugged my old card in again (a 5700 xt by msi) it started up perfectly with no issues. Does anybody know something else I could do to fix it? Or did it just die overnight?

Psu is 750w by corsair but it worked before so I dont feel that is the problem but its possible.

Solution
I have a ryzen 7 2700x
Try these step by step:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 16 on yours) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios again(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, and reboot, go to power plan and choose amd ryzen balanced power plan...
Hello,
I finally bit the bullet and bought an asrock taichi 6800 xt back in May and it worked just great until now. I went to turn my system on and got a no signal. The vga light on my asus b450-f stays on and then it just sits there until I turn the pc off again. I tried putting the card in the second pcie slot with no luck. Tried changing out my cables still nothing. But when I plugged my old card in again (a 5700 xt by msi) it started up perfectly with no issues. Does anybody know something else I could do to fix it? Or did it just die overnight?

Psu is 750w by corsair but it worked before so I dont feel that is the problem but its possible.
Try to update to the latest bios and turn off CSM in the bios after update, and plug in 6800XT back.

Aug 18, 2021
Try to update to the latest bios and turn off CSM in the bios after update, and plug in 6800XT back.
Sorry it took me so long to reply but I did this it still didn't work. I rma'd the card and it still isn't working. Is it a problem of not having a pcie gen 4 board? I'm still on a asus strix b450 f with a ryzen 2700x

I have a ryzen 7 2700x
Try these step by step:
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 16 on yours) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios again(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, and reboot, go to power plan and choose amd ryzen balanced power plan, then reboot to bios again.

• Go to bios and force pcie 3.0, save and exit, then plug the 6800xt.

• Install the latest radeon driver. and go to windows update to see if there is any windows update and optional updates then install them.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing amd chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and manual tune the timing if you want), make sure your ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1.
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Solution
Aug 18, 2021
Try these step by step:
    unknown.png

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, and reboot, go to power plan and choose amd ryzen balanced power plan, then reboot to bios again.

• Go to bios and force pcie 3.0, save and exit, then plug the 6800xt.

• Install the latest radeon driver. and go to windows update to see if there is any windows update and optional updates then install them.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing amd chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and manual tune the timing if you want), make sure your ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1.
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png
I'm still stuck on the white vga light on the motherboard being on and not letting me fully boot

TheLightofDawn

When you plug in the 6800 XT, does it flex at all? The only thing I can think that would have it not work is if it wasn't fully seated in the slot. Maybe look at your 5700 XT and 6800 XT up close and side by side to see if they have differences with the slot contacts and back plate placement. My own 6800 XT sits weirdly in my motherboard, sort of like it's angled a bit, but my other GPUs don't do that.

Sep 24, 2021
I know how frustrating this can be, this worked for me 100% of the time. The new AMD cards simply need to adjust and recognise the monitor, so to start fresh; Turn off your PC and wait 30 sec Turn off at wall after that After 30sec turn on at wall and then turn on PC Wait some time for your PC to come on and try to configure itself with the monitor, You may see sign of life in the PC but not a lot of rgb lights coming on or no gpu fans working - this is good. Give it some time (5min) then turn off the PC on its own power button (do not turn off at wall) Wait 30 sec and turn on again

<Edit by mod to remove non-related links.>

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Koekieezz