News ASRock Unveils 34-Inch Phantom Gaming Monitor with Built-In Wi-Fi Antenna

Soaptrail

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2015
Seems like this could help those of us with above desk PC's or even for a router. My router is on my desk but not nearly as tall as my monitor. I would bet hooking this up to my router (any reason it would not support routers?) i bet i could get even better coverage.

I dont know about you guys, but my house has pretty thick brick walls, this would be a dream! I might have to give this monitor a go, just need to see this listed... anyone knows when it's planned to be available?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Seems like this could help those of us with above desk PC's or even for a router. My router is on my desk but not nearly as tall as my monitor. I would bet hooking this up to my router (any reason it would not support routers?) i bet i could get even better coverage.
You can buy wifi antennas for like $10-$20. With some coax cable, you can position them wherever you want. This applies to both router and client (i.e. your desktop), so long as they both have detachable antennas (which would also be a requirement to use the antennas in this monitor).

Having antennas integrated into your monitor doesn't really provide any advantage other than saving you from having to find a way to mount the antennas yourself (at the expense of limiting your freedom in positioning your antenna).

Sep 15, 2022
While its always nice to see a new affordable larger display, after owning a 3440x1440 AOC and it being my first widescreen monitor, I'm very hesitant on buying another one. As a gamer, I find myself often having to use some type of program like Widescreen Fix or mod to fix or in better terms; somewhat fix games to run at 3440x1440 due to certain developers failing to support this particular resolution. If every game developer supported widescreen, it would be the ultimate resolution and sweet spot for many gamers. The WIFI integration into the AsRock display is a nice touch though, I do like that feature. I'm also curious as to who manufactures the display screen for this particular monitor.