News ASRock Unveils Big and Flashy Radeon RX 6900 XT GPU

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I struggle to understand why every GPU vendor needs 3 or more variations on each card. Do people really spend tons of time staring at the window on the side of their PC case? Seems like you take a photo of the build and then stuff the PC under the desk or somewhere else where you won't hear the fans as much.

Pytheus

Prominent
Oct 28, 2020
I struggle to understand why every GPU vendor needs 3 or more variations on each card. Do people really spend tons of time staring at the window on the side of their PC case? Seems like you take a photo of the build and then stuff the PC under the desk or somewhere else where you won't hear the fans as much.
There is usually a standard version and an overclocked version. Sometimes another one with more cooling for extreme overclocking. They also have ones with more efficient supplies and components that cost more to make. Different flavors for different builders. Do you want Vanilla or Raspberry Chocolate with hot sauce, sprinkles, and a cherry on top? I have my computer on the desk next to my monitor, my kids like watching the RGB colors. The fans aren't that loud and it looks nice.