ASRock Wants to Sell Over 8 Million Motherboards in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phenis

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
I've had good experiences with every ASRock board that I've purchased in the last two years (Four). They offer solid motherboards with competitive pricing, and that's all I need.

I wish them luck.

GabZDK

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
Just continue doing them as your doing them right now, best thing Asrock's got for themselves are their prices, always so damn competitive.
The only thing i dont like are the brown PCB, but that itself is a tiny complaint, cause when PC is built the mobo ain't seen right?? But wait, what about cases with a window??

Asrock, just continue like that, you are in a great footing

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Why's everyone being thumbed down? They're just stating their experience.

I bought an H61M-DGS a few days ago. Had a defective RAM slot (I assume). Good thing I had a spare 4Gb stick lying around.

Much better than the previous 2005 technology that I had in my PC.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]TheBigTroll[/nom]yet they still use the old analog power delivery systems for their extreme4. go take a look on the listhttp://sinhardware.com/images/vrm.jpg[/citation]
As long as it meets Intel's specifications, what does it matter whether it's digital or analog?

would you buy a board that has lower quality components over another board with better components?

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
ASROCK mobos always seems to have the most features compared to similar brand's range and at cheaper cost.

But too bad from where i came from, it's hard to find them in shops. They need to beef up their distribution channels.

mapesdhs

Distinguished
I've been very impressed with their boards over the years aswell. Their P55 Deluxe was a really
excellent board (I bought several), allowing for superb overclocks even on i3 Clarkdale (my 550
runs @ 4.7 with ease), and a good price (75 UKP). Indeed, I found it to be superior in many ways
to early P67 boards in terms of PCIe functionality.

Asrock has a good reputation for including a wide range of features at decent pricing, often with
useful support for legacy devices (eg. IDE port, floppy).

Have to say though, my recent experiences with ASUS P67/X79 boards has given me new found
respect for the ease with which ASUS has made it possible to oc 1155/2011 CPUs.

Oh, in case there are those who didn't know, Asrock used to be part of ASUS, but that ceased to
be case quite some time ago.

Ian.

wolley74

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
990FX Extreme3 keeping my Phenom at 4.2GHz, not complaining in the least and will buy their boards again without hesitation

They are more than good enough for my systems!
My first expierence with them was a bit over a year ago with an extreme3 gen3. First developed a bad ram slot after 2 months. Returned to ASRock and they had my replacement board at my door within a week! I have done my fair share of RMAs over the years and typically you only get that fast of service when dealing with the seller, not the manufacturer, and while I was disappointed that the first one died, I was duly impressed.

Fast forward a year and I picked up an Extreme 4 on sale for the sake of having TRIM over my RAID0 SSDs to get some performance back, and also to get a few extra SATA ports. No problems, and the newer intel RAID fixed my speed degregation issue. They are not 'the best' but they are quite good, and you get a lot of bang for your $$.

That being said, when it comes to client and family builds that I have to support I tend to use MSI on low end builds because they make rock solid bare-bones boards, and I use ASUS on high end builds because they are simply the best. ASRock is simply not reliable enough where I can justify using them in a system that needs that guaranteed up time.

Very interesting that they are avoiding the tablet market. I am sure those boards have super thin margins on the hardware side, but the end product companies are making a killing. I mean, absolutely nothing goes into the damn things except for a flashey screen, and yet they still charge $500+ for them. Somebody is making money!

f-14

Distinguished
every time i go into a reseller all i hear is complaint after complaint about asrock m/b's and people who have these nightmare boards warning other would be customers to stay away from them, if it isn't a defect it's bad software, if it isn't any of those it's a bad bios, and if the bios gets fixed something on the board craps out soon after. and to top it off all these people say asrock customer service is horrible with deny deny deny or never answer/reply when it comes to warranties and will put you off until the return policy is well overdue and sens out refurbished replacements that are often worse than the original product sent back. i've heard this 13 times in the last week alone just at microcenter and not including the other custom pc parts suppliers or custom pc vendors selling asrock product. if you've had a good experience with asrock, count yourself one of the lucky 8-9 out of 10.

the way i see it asrock needs to do a major quality control overhaul

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
I've had nothing but good experiences with ASRock and would continue to do business with them in the future. I feel like they offer great feature-sets at their price points.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]kitekrazy1963[/nom]I'll stick with Asus-3 yr warranty.[/citation]

During Sandy Bridge that meant you were sticking with their cold-boot issue as well. lol

G

asrock is the power house in the affordable section. i may prefer a gigabyte in the end, but if my budget isnt as high.. i would defo reccomend an asrock mobo to anyone.

mapesdhs

Distinguished
[citation][nom]CaedenV[/nom]... First developed a bad ram slot after 2 months. Returned to ASRock and they had my replacement board at my door within a week! ... [/citation]

Indeed, their support is very good; direct email, and they've been happy
to answer my other misc questions over the years, often giving me info I
wasn't exepecting. One time I asked them about support for a XEON chip on
one of their consumer mbds; not only did they send me an unpublished beta
BIOS that would allow the CPU to be used, the guy also went out of his
way to explain how to install it, etc.

For a recent 3930K build I did for someone who uses After Effects, I
*almost* went with the Extreme11 because of its onboard SAS, but in the
end the price was just a tad too prohibitive, though as it happens the
user requirements were such that I realised later the SAS wasn't
necessary anyway (and in the meantime I'd managed to obtain an HP P400
SAS PCIe with battery backup for about 65 UKP). Having said that, I do
think the Extreme11 should have included at least a 51MB onboard cache
for the LSI SAS - it makes such a difference to performance of small-size
random I/O.

I had been planning on buying an Asrock board for my 2700K build, but by
sheer mad luck I managed to obtain an ASUS Maximus IV Extreme for the
lunatic price of 87 UKP, but if that hadn't happened I would definitely
have bought a Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 (almost ordered one before finding the
M4E).

I like the fact that Asrock's support people are happy to answer tech
questions, and at least the people I've talked to do seem to know what
they're talking about.

It's perhaps not surprising that ASUS often holds a slightly higher slot
at the top-end of enthusiast boards, that's long been their ROG legacy,
but it was interesting to note last year just how many sites used the
Extreme4 for parts reviews, and likewise before that how many used the
X58 Extreme6 for reviews (including toms btw), the latter inparticular
offered equal or better performance & features than the UD9 for about
half the price.

It's true that years ago Asrock tended to occupy more of the entry level
market segment, but their midrange and top-end products have come on
leaps & bounds in the last few years, easily a match for the competition
and often better, and the Extreme11 is a sure sign they're moving more
into the professional space aswell, which is good. I hope they start
doing multi-socket XEON boards, give some competition to Dell, etc.

f-14, all I can say is that low-end boards can be a total pain from *any*
vendor. Can't comment on what you say about support though, that's
certainly not been my experience (note that I was emailing with the
Asrock people in The Netherlands).

I also like the way Asrock has a somewhat more broader attitude to CPU
support on older mbds, eg. they added support for the Phenom II to their
AM2NF3-VSTA AGP board within minutes of the CPU's release (a nice boost
for someone with a 6000+ or less on an old board of that era), whereas
other vendors never bothered updating their older AM2 boards even though
in theory the Ph2 could have been used on their older products just fine

I have a few Gigabyte boards aswell, especially like the GA-X58A-UD3R for
its excellent XEON support, and I obtained a Z68XP-UD4 which works very
well. Ditto a few EVGA boards, etc.

Odd though, the only company I tend to avoid when buying mbds is MSI, but
I couldn't really say why...

Ian.

shadowfamicom

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Built a rig for my old girlfriend a few years ago with an ASROCK board (AsRock - m3a770DE). Was rather easy to setup and still seems to be chugging away just fine 3 years of almost nonstop use later.

timtrent

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
I've had several ASRock board. They are everything a motherboard should be. I have no doubt they will hit the 8 million mark.

horaciopz

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
My last 3 builds were ASrock, one N68S-C UCC + athlon ii x2 260, 970 Extreme3 + phenom ii x4 945 and now my z68 extreme7 gen3 + i5 2500k. All of them were and are superb motherboards for overclocking, i ran the athlon to 3.9ghz no problems and the Phenom set up to 4.0ghz none of them were "black edition" so overcloclking by FSB were kinda hard, it was made thanks those solido boards. Good company, totaly going to get more from then in the future :p

G

[citation][nom]TheBigTroll[/nom]would you buy a board that has lower quality components over another board with better components?[/citation]
for a "budget oriented" gaming build, yes

but for a workstation i am making money from, no

fair enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.