[SOLVED] ASRock X299 Extreme4 Audio Issues

ortoch

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
So for the holidays I ordered myself some new parts for my gaming PC and this was the three main parts I swapped.

Original system had the following:
MSI Z170A GAMING M3 LGA 1151
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake

Swapped to the following:
ASRock X299 EXTREME4 LGA 2066
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070
Intel Core i7-7800X Skylake-X

I kept my M.2 drive with my Windows 10 OS on it and everything transfered fine from one MOBO to the other. The issue I am having is that things seem a little slower now than they were even though my system resources are very low and it seems centered around a audio driver issue. The ASRock MOBO has a link here https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/X299%20Extreme4/index.asp#Download to download the drivers needed and the instance of Realtek I had was not working so I deleted it and installed this version and rebooted. Now whenever I reboot my PC I have a sound error icon in my system tray that says "The Audio Service is not running" and I have to delete the realtek device/driver before I get a sound icon that I can interact with and obviously I only then see my monitors and headset as options the speaker port/realtek is not there.

Steps I have tried:
1. Ensuring all audio and plug and play services are both on and automatic in the services window.
2. Uninstalled and reinstalled driver several times with reboots between every step
3. Gone to Device Manager and deleted EVERYTHING in my sound category and then reinstalled drivers.
4. Ran several registry cleaners to see if anything looked amiss.

Any ideas would be great as I am running out of them myself.

Thanks in advance,
Solution
I have a partition exclusively for Windows and apps, so that if having to reinstall, to just format it and start the process. 300-500 GB should be enough, depending on apps/games.

ortoch

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013

I'm sitting here making a list of all the stuff to move to my external HD as we speak so I KNOW this will work but I am dreading doing a windows reinstall.