AsRock X370 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 vs AB350 Fatal1ty Gaming K4

RelyBedGrammer

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
I have little computer knowledge and was about to start my first pc build

I now have a hard time to differentiate the difference between the two boards, at first my choice was quite clear, cause my pal told me that if I'm not planning to do multi gpu setup, a b350 would be a fine choice and cheaper, but then I heard that the x370 variant is better in some ways,
I'm feeling overwhelmed by the choices, please help me get to the right track.

Thank you in advance

Solution
Your mate is more or less right but i can help elaborate a bit. The B350 should be a fine Motherboard the main reasons to consider spending more on a X370 would be multi-GPU support as he said, Overclocking (if you plan on doing this) and generally they feature more ports and slightly better onboard sound and such but most these features are probably not justifiable for the price unless you specifically want/need any of it. So if you never plan to have a Multi-GPU setup, do any Overclocking or specifically need something only available on the X370 board i suggest you save the money with the B350, it's a great board and should serve you well. Hope this helps :)

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador
Your mate is more or less right but i can help elaborate a bit. The B350 should be a fine Motherboard the main reasons to consider spending more on a X370 would be multi-GPU support as he said, Overclocking (if you plan on doing this) and generally they feature more ports and slightly better onboard sound and such but most these features are probably not justifiable for the price unless you specifically want/need any of it. So if you never plan to have a Multi-GPU setup, do any Overclocking or specifically need something only available on the X370 board i suggest you save the money with the B350, it's a great board and should serve you well. Hope this helps :)

Solution

RelyBedGrammer

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017

Thanks for the answer, I'll be taking the X370 since I'll need some extra ports and planning to overclock in the future
a little question though, the motherboard has a 2nd m.2 slot at the bottom, around the PCI slot
would this produce any type of heating issues if I were to fill in the slots of the 2 m.2 SSDs underneath something like a Graphics Card?

link for your convenience