[SOLVED] Asrock x370 Gaming K4 Fatal1ty BIOS Downgrade ?

vandalblue

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2015
I accidentally updated the bios to 5.50 version, which asrock said to not upgrade if i have an old ryzen cpu, well, did it, and didn't know that updateing the bios is a bad thing.
I have a Ryzen 7 1800x and the system now is very unstable, games run at very low fps and the cpu usage is erratic. So I would like to downgrade the bios, but i don't know how, have been searching for some days and i can't find a reliable way to dowgrade my bios without bricking the motherboard, i just need to downgrade to the first versions of the bios, any idea or guide?

Solution
I accidentally updated the bios to 5.50 version, which asrock said to not upgrade if i have an old ryzen cpu, well, did it, and didn't know that updateing the bios is a bad thing.
I have a Ryzen 7 1800x and the system now is very unstable, games run at very low fps and the cpu usage is erratic. So I would like to downgrade the bios, but i don't know how, have been searching for some days and i can't find a reliable way to dowgrade my bios without bricking the motherboard, i just need to downgrade to the first versions of the bios, any idea or guide?
The BIOS does have a 1st gen SMU so it should work. Did you reset CMOS after the update?

Did you update to v5.10 first as the BIOS notes instructed?

It's probably not a necessary...
pretty much download an older bios than that, or you could just straight up update the bios to the latest and see the results.

The BIOS does have a 1st gen SMU so it should work. Did you reset CMOS after the update?

Did you update to v5.10 first as the BIOS notes instructed?

It's probably not a necessary BIOS for 1st gen but I definitely would not go all the way back to the early versions as that may raise more problems...most likely v5.10 at the earliest. But I do strongly suggest resetting CMOS to see if it fixes the performance problems first.

Any time you change hardware like CPU or memory configuration, or update BIOS, you should reset CMOS to force the CPU to retrain memory.

Solution