Question ASrock X370 Killer SLI/AC Unable to Post with new Ryzen 9 3900x

sickness335

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
Hello everyone,

Recently upgraded my PC but having a bit of an issue getting to POST.

I was successful in updating the BIOS to the latest version, 5.8 and did not have any issues with my previous build.

Current build is:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 3.8 GHz 12-Core

ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac ATX AM4

ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 2 TB M.2 SSD

Geforce RTX 2080S 8GB

1000W PSU

Because the GPU shipped late, I was only recently able to begin this build. Following installation of the components, everything turned on, however the moba failed to POST. No USB connection for accessories (mouse/keyboard) was able to be acquired by the motherboard, however all components such as the GPU, CPU, and fans were running as intended with RGBs. CPU fan speed however would increase for a few seconds, but decrease for about 10 seconds.

Attempts to troubleshoot have been unsuccessful at this time... tried switching out RAM sticks (3000 MHz Corsair 2x8GB) to different slots, no luck. Tried only 1 stick but still nothing. Also gave the motherboard 10 minutes to possibly POST, but to no avail.

If it comes down to it, I'll bite the bullet and purchase a newer motherboard, however I would like to see if there is something I am missing... not to mention everything is practically sold out or doubled in price.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hello everyone,

Recently upgraded my PC but having a bit of an issue getting to POST.

I was successful in updating the BIOS to the latest version, 5.8 and did not have any issues with my previous build.

Current build is:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 3.8 GHz 12-Core

ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac ATX AM4

ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 2 TB M.2 SSD

Geforce RTX 2080S 8GB

1000W PSU

Because the GPU shipped late, I was only recently able to begin this build. Following installation of the components, everything turned on, however the moba failed to POST. No USB connection for accessories (mouse/keyboard) was able to be acquired by the motherboard, however all components such as the GPU, CPU, and fans were running as intended with RGBs. CPU fan speed however would increase for a few seconds, but decrease for about 10 seconds.

Attempts to troubleshoot have been unsuccessful at this time... tried switching out RAM sticks (3000 MHz Corsair 2x8GB) to different slots, no luck. Tried only 1 stick but still nothing. Also gave the motherboard 10 minutes to possibly POST, but to no avail.

If it comes down to it, I'll bite the bullet and purchase a newer motherboard, however I would like to see if there is something I am missing... not to mention everything is practically sold out or doubled in price.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
This is a new motherboard or you already had it? If you already had it what CPU were you using?

sickness335

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
Apologies for the delay in responses, turns out I just had to reset the battery on the motherboard. I was previously using a Ryzen 5.

In response to James Holt - The ASrock X370 is compatible IF you update the bios to the latest version, including installing the bridge patch in between.