Fuad

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
Hello,

• CPU Ryzen 5900x
  • MB Asrock x370 taichi (bios 7.10)
  • Ram 16 (8+8) GB GSkill
  • Nvidia super 2060 RTX
  • Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster Z (disabled onboard sound)
  • Nvme WD wds100t2b0c
  • 5 HDDs

I had Ryzen 1700 with taichi x370 (bios 4.60) with no issues, got Ryzen 5900x and flashed MB bios using Ryzen 1700 from V 4.60 to V 5.1 to V 7.00 to V 7.10
Removed CMOS battery and reset, installed new processor Ryzen 5900x, booted to bios, Reset to defaults, reboot, entered bios again, everything is in order.
Formatted and installed Win 10 Pro, then AMD chipset latest chipset drivers, then latest other drivers.
PC was performing normal until I found this in CPUZ (I tried many times to insert the image with no luck so I put down the link to it):

View: https://imgur.com/a/mWBqOH9

It clearly states that current PCIe link width is x8 instead of x16
I checked the bios and it states x16, and set everything related from -Auto- to x16
Rechecked CPUz and the result is the same x8

Is this issue MB bios related or is OS related? will reinstalling windows help? please advice.

Kind Regards

Solution
D
Might give this a read, maybe remove the card reseat. Or make sure your NVME slots don't steal PCI-E lanes from the top slot.

I'm running out of ideas lol

D

Deleted member 362816

If you are using the top slot is should be x16 click the question mark next to the x8 1.1 and run the render test and see if it changes.

D

Deleted member 362816

Might give this a read, maybe remove the card reseat. Or make sure your NVME slots don't steal PCI-E lanes from the top slot.

I'm running out of ideas lol

Reactions: Fuad
Solution
D

Deleted member 362816

The bios settings is correct. We have tried all the higher level stuff, Time to try just reseating the card and looking into if the NVME drives take from the pci-e x16 lanes (I don't think this is the case) I don't think software is the issue drivers etc.

D

Deleted member 362816

Can't thank you enough, I removed the card, cleaned the connectors, installed it back and everything is working now at x16 as it should!

That was very tricky to guess, Thanks allot!!!

Kind Regards

Glad it worked :)