Question Asrock X470 Fatal1ty Power Supply connections

Apr 9, 2019
Hi,
I have an Asrock X470 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 motherboard and it has an 8 pin ATX power connector aswell as a 4 pin.
My PSU is a Seasonic Focus 750W and it does not have an 8 pin power connector, it just has 2x 4 pin power connectors.
I have a Ryzen 2600X CPU.

The motherboard manual says you can plug 1x 4 pin plug into the 8 pin socket, should I plug the other one into the 4 pin socket? (the manual doesn't say to do this)
Can I put both the 4 pin connectors side by side in the 8 pin socket on the motherboard?
Will one 4 pin connector be enough?

Thanks,
Gordon

Lutfij

Titan
No, if anything you should plug the 2x4pin EPS into the 8pin connector on the board. The other 4pin EPS can be left alone but please keep in mind that you're going to have to connect that if your overclocks are going to be high. I would ask you to ideally replace the PSU with one that has all the necessary connectors for your platform/build.

Apr 9, 2019
No, if anything you should plug the 2x4pin EPS into the 8pin connector on the board. The other 4pin EPS can be left alone but please keep in mind that you're going to have to connect that if your overclocks are going to be high. I would ask you to ideally replace the PSU with one that has all the necessary connectors for your platform/build.
Thanks for the reply, I've not long bought the PSU so don't want to buy another.
I will plug them both into the 8 pin socket. On the Seasonic website it refers to the power cable as a 4/8 pin cable so hopefully that means you can plug them both in to make an 8 pin.

Thanks,
Gordon