ASRock X470 Master sli/ac boot loop issue. HELP!

Nov 27, 2018
Hi. I just built my gaming pc.
Ryzen 1700x
Asrock x470 master
Team delta force ram 2x8gb 3200mhz
Gtx 970 g1 gaming (from previous pc)
Rosewill Hive 750s

I connected all the psu cables to the mb firmly. 24pin, 8pin cpu, 8+6 pin gpu.

When I turn on my pc, everything lights up and all the fans run.

However, after about 10 seconds or 10 breathing red led light on the motherboard, the whole pc restarts and keeps on booting on and off with 10 second interval, until i have to long press the power button to shut it off.

Nothing shows on my monitor.

I took everything out of the case, reconnected all the power cables.

I tried different ram positions: a2 b2, a1 b1, just one a1, just one b1. Nothing works.

I took the whole pc out of my case and still no good. I resitted my cpu but still the same.

I also tried resetting the CMOS, still no luck. I took out the small CMOS battery for 30 minutes, put it back in, but still no good.

Any help or lead would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Dec 2, 2018
I had a configuration with ryzen 2700x gtx1060 and 2x8 backchannel ram 3000. Same issue with ram in b1,b2. Ram in a2 b2 solved. Ram in a1 b1 see only 8GB sc

Dec 27, 2018

Hi andsetti, thanks for your reply. I've tried changing the ram position, using only one ram and tried different rams. Still get the same problems. I've started a RMA and hope getting lucky this time.

Dec 27, 2018

Hi norcalsc, thank you for your reply. Yes I still get boot loop without connecting to the storage drives. I tried with only CPU, GPU and ram connected, same issue. I've started the RMA and will see if its the problem with the mobo.