[SOLVED] asrock x570 extreme4 ram support

Oct 19, 2019
Hi i just got this motherboard 2 days ago and im trying to build new gaming pc
My setup is
Ryzen 7 x3800
rtx 2080 super
asrock x570 extreme4
And i had this ram
Patriot 16GB Kit (2 X 8GB) 3400 MHz (PC4-27200) Viper 4 Series DDR4 2400 MT/s DRAM (PV416G340C6K)
When i try to boot the system it didn’t work so could anyone help me and tell me if the ram is working with my new setup or should i get new ram
And what ram is good and works with this board

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
I can’t see the picture on the screen also the cpu fan works in the start then it stops and the gpu fan keep working with high sound
I would start by rechecking if everything power wise is connected properly. Mybe take everything out of the case as there's possibility of a short between MB and case. Just misplaced or even not compatible RAM is not going to produce effect of shutting down.
Do you have the DIMMs installed in the second and fourth slots going left to right starting at the CPU socket and moving towards the edge of the motherboard?

RI5whYp.png

Reactions: Alidiaa23
I think you either need to get somebody with more computer experience to help you with the problem, or somebody who speaks and understands English better, to help you on here, because it's pretty clear English is not your first language and that you are not fully understanding what is being said to you or asked.

Oct 19, 2019
I think you either need to get somebody with more computer experience to help you with the problem, or somebody who speaks and understands English better, to help you on here, because it's pretty clear English is not your first language and that you are not fully understanding what is being said to you or asked.
Yes this i right but still im trying to understand actually i had this problem on my other pc and I could fix it but this one i have no idea whats wrong there now im just asking if the ram is not on the motherboard list it wont boot up?

I can’t see the picture on the screen also the cpu fan works in the start then it stops and the gpu fan keep working with high sound
I would start by rechecking if everything power wise is connected properly. Mybe take everything out of the case as there's possibility of a short between MB and case. Just misplaced or even not compatible RAM is not going to produce effect of shutting down.

Solution