[SOLVED] ASRock X570 PG Velocita ATX AM4 Motherboard BIOS Update w/Ryzen 9 3900X

Feb 3, 2021
I have read a lot about people needing to update the BIOS on this motherboard via Flash to get everything to work properly. I couldn't find a thread where this specific comparison was asked about, so I guess I will ask here. Is it necessary to flash update the BIOS on the ASRock X570 PG Velocita ATX AM4 in order to use the Ryzen 9 3900X?

Solution
Thanks! I had missed that tab when I looked at the website itself. I'm a technical writer in IT, so I know enough to know what I don't know, but I am not experienced in flashing the BIOS. I found the files and know to download the latest non-beta, but I don't see anything tagged as beta in my four options. I assume the beta versions would be tagged as such on the download page? Thanks again for your help!
It's OK to update to last BIOS version (1.60), AGESA 1200 brings stability and lower voltages as well as improvement in RAM compatibility and performance.
Feb 3, 2021
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 PG Velocita/#CPU
look at he right most column

but recommend you update to the latest non-beta
Thanks! I had missed that tab when I looked at the website itself. I'm a technical writer in IT, so I know enough to know what I don't know, but I am not experienced in flashing the BIOS. I found the files and know to download the latest non-beta, but I don't see anything tagged as beta in my four options. I assume the beta versions would be tagged as such on the download page? Thanks again for your help!

It's OK to update to last BIOS version (1.60), AGESA 1200 brings stability and lower voltages as well as improvement in RAM compatibility and performance.

Solution