Question ASROCK x570 Phantom Gaming 4S.

Oct 23, 2022
I just got a computer from someone who purchased the parts and never got it to work.

CPU: unknown
Motherboard: ASROCK x570 Phantom Gaming 4S.
RAM: G.SKILL DDR4-3200 16Gx2, 2 sticks, in slots A2 and B2.
Graphics Card: none, using the HDMI connector on the motherboard
Storage: Inland Premium 1 TB SSD, SATA III

There's nothing in the PCI-E slots or M.2 slots.

Symptom: VGA and Boot light stay on. System won't POST.

If I had a graphics card for it, I'd try putting one in. I'm reluctant to buy one for this machine, as I don't know if the motherboard is any good. Will this system run without a graphics card?

Any thoughts

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
it will run with no gpu if the cpu is one that has an igp built in. one of the "g" processors.

you need to take the heatsink off and look at the cpu to see what it is. most likely it is not a "g" model and that is causing the error since there is no gpu in the system.

I just got a computer from someone who purchased the parts and never got it to work.

If I had a graphics card for it, I'd try putting one in. I'm reluctant to buy one for this machine, as I don't know if the motherboard is any good. Will this system run without a graphics card?

Any thoughts
It won't work without processor. To use it without a dedicated GPU you need a processor with built in graphics. It has to be Ryzen with a "G" at end, like for instance R5 5600G.

Oct 23, 2022

Any thoughts
I think you're right. I borrowed a graphics card and it reached BIOS, no lights on motherboard. The CPU is a Ryzen 7 3700X. I wonder if buying a CPU or graphics card is better?