[SOLVED] ASRock X570 Pro4 M2 drive isn't showing up

Apr 3, 2020
Hey team,

I built a new PC last night. Everything worked first try until I noticed the M2 drive isn't showing up. I've researched this and talked to friends/coworkers, and I am at a loss. One thing I noticed is these drives can share the PCI or SATA ports? This is the manual, page 37 - but I don't see anything that tells me if I need to move something?

Build:
  • ASRock X570 PRO4 AM4 AMD X570 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard
  • EVGA CLC 240mm All-In-One RGB LED CPU Liquid Cooler, 2x FX12 120mm PWM Fans, Intel, AMD, 400-HY-CL24-V1
  • G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) F4-3600C16Q-32GVKC
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER XC GAMING, 08G-P4-3162-KR, 8GB GDDR6, Dual HDB Fans, RGB LED, Metal
  • AMD RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 65W 100-100000071BOX Desktop Processor
  • WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB Internal SSD - SATA III 6Gb/s M.2 2280 Solid State Drive - WDS100T2B0B
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Solution
  • WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB Internal SSD - SATA III 6Gb/s M.2 2280 Solid State Drive - WDS100T2B0B
That's not an NVME but an M.2 SATA SSD. Plug it into the 2nd M.2 socket, M2_3, which is the one compatible with it.

You shouldn't have to move any jumpers. When you plug in too many PCIe cards and SATA drives it will automatically steer the lanes to certain devices according to the rules listed. It's kind of complicated to follow in the manual, but on an X570 board you shouldn't run into it unless you have a several HDD's and several PCIe cards inserted. If I had some PCIe cards installed and not identifying HDD's I'd move the SATA cables to different ports until they get identified.
That's not an NVME but an M.2 SATA SSD. Plug it into the 2nd M.2 socket, M2_3, which is the one compatible with it.

You shouldn't have to move any jumpers. When you plug in too many PCIe cards and SATA drives it will automatically steer the lanes to certain devices according to the rules listed. It's kind of complicated to follow in the manual, but on an X570 board you shouldn't run into it unless you have a several HDD's and several PCIe cards inserted. If I had some PCIe cards installed and not identifying HDD's I'd move the SATA cables to different ports until they get identified.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hvstle
Solution
Apr 3, 2020

You shouldn't have to move any jumpers. When you plug in too many PCIe cards and SATA drives it will automatically steer the lanes preferentially to certain devices according to the rules listed. It's kind of complicated to follow in the manual, but on an X570 board you shouldn't run into it unless you have a several HDD's and several PCIe cards inserted. If I had some PCIe cards installed and not identifying HDD's I'd move the SATA cables to different ports until they get identified.

That's all I gotta do? Dope! I will try that after my work call :) The benefits of working from home - I get to work on my new PC at the same time haha.

Apr 3, 2020

That worked! Thank you so much for the prompt reply.