[SOLVED] ASRock X570 Taichi + RAM Issues?

May 12, 2020
Hi all,

I just completed my first ever pc build with these specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6JNgmg and I'm encountering an issue. When I power on, the system boot loops or resets a few times before finally reaching the BIOS, and the Dr. Debug on the mobo flashes tons of codes, including some that don't appear at all in the manual OR on the ASRock website. The ones that do all seem to be memory related. For reference, I haven't overclocked or changed any default settings.

I realized that the exact SKU for my RAM sticks is technically not listed on the QVL for my mobo (https://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/x570 taichi/#MemoryMS)... could that be my issue?

Current RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz DIMM CAS 16 F4-3200C16D-32GTZR
(NOT listed on mobo's QVL, even though the mobo is listed on the RAM's QVL...)

Proposed RAM: Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16
(listed on mobo's QVL)

Some people have suggested that my tRCs are off for some reason, others have said that running dual rank memory is my issue, and still others think I should go down to 2x8GB instead... I'm so confused. What should I do? Would switching to those Corsair sticks above solve my problem? I'm very confused about what could be going wrong here, especially since this is a high end board that's meant to support large quantities of fast RAM... I don't feel like 32GB of 3200 should be an issue??? I also didn't expect RAM compatibility to be a problem, since I'm not OCing and everything is DIMM DDR4. Am I missing something?

Very much looking forward to hearing your thoughts! Thanks everyone.

Solution
Seems like every time you start your system it does the Memory Training checkup. At what speed is your RAM running right now?

If you go into the memory settings in the BIOS, there should be a setting for MRC fast boot which is so that the memory controller doesn't re-train every time it boots.

The codes you see is normal. It's the system doing the routine of booting up. The codes you see come and go and there is no issues.

Doesn't seems like your system is having any issues except the memory training at every boot but that's not an issue since you can remove that from the BIOS.

rightchea

Honorable
Jan 23, 2016
Depending on the Motherboard it can only handle a certain type of RAM. My first build had compatibility issues as well. If it not listed then that could be the issues. I would also try reinstalling the OS as well to see if that could be the issue.

May 12, 2020
Depending on the Motherboard it can only handle a certain type of RAM. My first build had compatibility issues as well. If it not listed then that could be the issues. I would also try reinstalling the OS as well to see if that could be the issue.
I haven't installed the OS at all yet. I'm really hoping switching the sticks will solve it. I'm just so surprised because I read all over that RAM compatibility isn't really a problem...

Seems like every time you start your system it does the Memory Training checkup. At what speed is your RAM running right now?

If you go into the memory settings in the BIOS, there should be a setting for MRC fast boot which is so that the memory controller doesn't re-train every time it boots.

The codes you see is normal. It's the system doing the routine of booting up. The codes you see come and go and there is no issues.

Doesn't seems like your system is having any issues except the memory training at every boot but that's not an issue since you can remove that from the BIOS.

Solution