ASRock X58 Extreme + OCZ Ram

trancetunes

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
Hi, I have OCZ DDR3 1600 (PC 12800) RAM and an ASRock X58 Extreme Motherboard.

OCZ Ram

ASRock X58 Extreme

Question: My XMP Profile is NOT working in my BIOS. If I use the XMP profile, my computer completely locks up after a couple minutes and I am forced to set BIOS to default settings so I can use it again.

That being said, does anyone know what options to change in my BIOS in order to correctly set my RAM at 1600 instead of 1066? I know I have to change the timings, and I used CPU-Z to find out some info on the XMP timings. I heard I can just take that info and use it for my BIOS, but I am not sure what is what in my BIOS when I compare it to CPU-Z. I have attached an image of my CPU-Z result which displays the XMP settings. Can someone please tell me what these would look like in BIOS and what I have to change etc?

Thank you so much for your help, I would really like to solve this because I paid for 1600 RAM and right now its running at 1066! Looking forward to the responses! :)

Here is my CPU-Z showing the XMP profile:

spd.jpg

I am interesting in setting my RAM to 1600 :)

trancetunes

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
Just an update: I found all of the following entries in the BIOS of my motherboard, and I changed ONLY the timings they provided in CPU-Z screen that shows the XMP profile timings for my RAM to run at 1600. Here are those timings:

spd.jpg

There were still quite a few more timings that I left on AUTO in my BIOS because this program doesn't show me what to pick as you can see!

So far I have found out:

DRAM Frequency - 800 MHz
tCL - 8
tRCD - 8
tRP - 8
tRAS - 24
tRC (tR#C?)- 36 (note: I didn't actually see tRC in my BIOS, but I saw only one of the other timing options with a tR#C, # being some letter I forget at the moment..hope you get what I mean).
Voltage - 1.65 V

Once again the questions is: How/What do I set all of my timings for my OCZ RAM so that it runs at 1600 instead of 1066? I have an ASRock X58 Extreme motherboard if that helps.