News ASRock X670E Motherboards Listed With Sub-$300 Price Tag

Tom Sunday

Commendable
Jul 24, 2020
ASRock historically has always been on the ‘last rung’ or perceived to be, compared to the other mainstream MB OEM’s. For that matter I always questioned why ASRock motherboards have usually been considerably cheaper? Are they of a lesser quality comes immediately to mind for the many and especially for the more novice buyer! But the introduction and pricing of the new X670E Taichi Carrara and X670E Taichi MB’s is now playing a much different song! I think that many enthusiasts these days will however think twice to shell-out a cool $560 for any type of ASRock MB marketed specifically at enthusiasts without budget limitations.

Given our ongoing economic and inflationary conditions, the super high prices alone for just a Ryzen 7950X at $700 and a complimentary (mandatory MB) ASRock dreadnought in excess of $550 will be a hard nut to swallow! As for myself I will be refraining in building a new system any time soon, and waiting-out for the next generation and hopefully better times ahead. Actually like the masses out there I will have no choice as my paycheck in 2022 is now worth almost 10% less than last year. As to ASUS and MSI halo MB’s touted to ranging between the $1300 & $1500, one thing becomes very clear to me: “Hey Toto we’re not in Kansas anymore!”

Last edited:
AsRock is cheaper, because their non-premium products are close to garbage. And even the higher end doesn't strike me as reliable.

I'll keep taking my chances with Asus and their incorrectly placed/swapped capacitors, LOL.

Regards.

Tom Sunday

Commendable
Jul 24, 2020
AsRock is cheaper, because their non-premium products are close to garbage. And even the higher end doesn't strike me as reliable. I'll keep taking my chances with Asus and their incorrectly placed/swapped capacitors, LOL
Yes Fran...as always you hit the nail right on the head! I still have learn how to do this and saving myself some time in getting to the point! Best...regards!

drinkingcola86

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2008
Yes Fran...as always you hit the nail right on the head! I still have learn how to do this and saving myself some time in getting to the point! Best...regards!
This was my issue for the 300 series. I got 3 ASRock boards for my classroom to do pc building and testing with my Computer Science students. Have some 1300x and 2400G. To this day, I can't get the boards to boot with the 2400G. I've tried just about every bios for it and still no post.

ocer9999

Distinguished
AsRock is cheaper, because their non-premium products are close to garbage. And even the higher end doesn't strike me as reliable.

I'll keep taking my chances with Asus and their incorrectly placed/swapped capacitors, LOL.

Regards.
I never had issues with my Asrock boards, for instances my B550 M Steel Legend (mid tier) is running solid 24/7 with a 16 Core for about a year, no issues at all.
Other builds range from overclocking and just basic PC and I always found asrock to be one of the best bang for your buck.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS