Question ASrock X79 Extreme9- Power, but No Display (Tried everything! Help greatly appreciated)

Dec 30, 2019
Hi,

I came home from college to find my computer able to turn on, but no display. It was working since I last used it (few months ago), hasn't been touched since. Two things I noticed peculiar are the CLR CMOS button is red in the back, and the Corsair H100i cooler LED turns on white, but then begins to glow red and white after startup.

Motherboard:
ASRock X79 Extreme9

I replaced the CMOS battery, reseat everything, removed ram individually. I run crossfire graphics card, tried running them individually. Made sure everything was plugged in, even though it hasn't been touched since last used.

Any ideas? I am stumped and will be taking it into a shop in a few days. Hoping for last minute recommendations. Much thanks!

Dec 30, 2019
b7.

However, good news...
I identified the issue. I had to reset the CMOS again, and switch the GPUs to different PCI slot. One of the video cards is not working (I was running crossfire). I tried one of the video cards by itself in all the PCI slots- fan turns on but no display. I assume the video card died. Other video card works individually :)

I noticed that two of the gold pins on the non-working video card are chipped at the edges- missing 20% at the beginning. Looks like this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=gpu...BUQ9QEwA3oECAoQDA#imgrc=W-j7Lv0aLsJyHM:&vet=1

Could that be the reason why the video card does not work?

TRENDING THREADS