Asrock x99 Taichi Motherboard showing 6800k cpu voltage at 1.776v

Oct 8, 2018
Hello. In my BIOS it is showing a CPU voltage of 1.776v. This seems crazy high to me. CPU-Z is showing Core Voltage at around 0.781v. Can someone please explain the difference here? I have the BIOS defaults set, no overclocking on CPU or RAM at the moment.

Solution
Sounds like a read error in the software mate, it happens, i would beleive CPU-Z, if you were at 1.79v we wouldn't be seeing a screenshot, your CPU would have been fried by now :) Just a software problem mate, take readings from CPU-Z, back them up with HWInfo if it gives you peace of mind.

jay.wooster

Prominent
Sep 27, 2018
Sounds like a read error in the software mate, it happens, i would beleive CPU-Z, if you were at 1.79v we wouldn't be seeing a screenshot, your CPU would have been fried by now :) Just a software problem mate, take readings from CPU-Z, back them up with HWInfo if it gives you peace of mind.

Solution
Oct 8, 2018
Yeah the fact the temp was still around 35C was pointing me to it being an error i just wanted someone else to say it. I've done a bit more reading and this is what I found,
"The voltage 1.7v is CPU input voltage. This technology is started from Haswell CPU called (FIVR).
The actual voltage should be checked on Vcore"