[SOLVED] Asrock Z170 pro4 gpu support

Mar 26, 2019
Hey was wondering if this motherboard would be compatible with gigabyte rtx 2070 aorus xtreme. Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
While from what you have provided, a few conclusions can be drawn about the quality of your PSU, but it would be ideal for you to provide the manufacturer of the PSU as well as the series of products from which the PSU belongs. The model number is usually enough to deduce this information. There are probably several "650w 80plus silver" power supplies out there, and not all of them might be good enough for an RTX 2080.

Lutfij

Titan
So long as you've got an available PCIe x16 slot open to drop the GPU in, yes but I'm primarily concerned about the make and model of your PSU as well as it's age. Often times people perform hit and run threads whereby they ask if it'll drop in only to come back and say that their system blew up...all because the PSU wasn't up to par.

Better yet, list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

So we know you don't have clearance issues either.

Mar 26, 2019
So long as you've got an available PCIe x16 slot open to drop the GPU in, yes but I'm primarily concerned about the make and model of your PSU as well as it's age. Often times people perform hit and run threads whereby they ask if it'll drop in only to come back and say that their system blew up...all because the PSU wasn't up to par.

Better yet, list your specs like so:
CPU: i5 6600 skylake 3.3ghz
Motherboard: ASRock z170 pro4 LGA1151 DDR4
Ram: corsair 2x8 gb DDR4 Vengance
SSD/HDD: Kingston ssdnow uv400 240gv
GPU:vEVGA GTX 1060 sc 6gb
PSU: 650w 80plus silver
Chassis: thermtake versa c21 rgb mid tower case

So we know you don't have clearance issues either.

While from what you have provided, a few conclusions can be drawn about the quality of your PSU, but it would be ideal for you to provide the manufacturer of the PSU as well as the series of products from which the PSU belongs. The model number is usually enough to deduce this information. There are probably several "650w 80plus silver" power supplies out there, and not all of them might be good enough for an RTX 2080.

Solution
Mar 26, 2019
Fsp raider edition 650w 80 plus silver power supply

I don't think that's a good unit, but I cannot say for sure. The reviews are few and far between, and none of them reliable. Based on the PSU Tier List on LTT forums, this is a unit worthy of the trash can, so I definitely wouldn't risk an RTX 2080 on it. Get a better unit.

Mar 26, 2019
I don't think that's a good unit, but I cannot say for sure. The reviews are few and far between, and none of them reliable. Based on the PSU Tier List on LTT forums, this is a unit worthy of the trash can, so I definitely wouldn't risk an RTX 2080 on it. Get a better unit.
I wanted a 2070 not 2080