Question ASRock Z270 K6 Motherboard Dead

Sep 7, 2020
Hi forum,

My ASRock motherboard seems to have died on me as it’s stuck at boot code 00. I tried a bunch of things like removing all RAM, leaving just one, removing the GPU, but I just can’t get beyond this code and into the BIOS. Does this definitely mean that the board is dead?

Also, I’m unable to find any general info on the warranty period of ASRock boards. I purchased this in the beginning of 2017 so I’m assuming this is already way out of warranty period? Maybe people with more experience with ASRock boards can answer this.

Thanks,

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
https://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=RMA

»End users or indirect customer:

ASRock provide 1 year warranty service to Authorized Distributor, users should refer to the retailer or original vender RMA & Refund policy. If experiencing difficulties in warranty service through your dealer or place of purchase, ASRock will attempt to resolve this issue. For the motherboard that out of warranty, there is a service charge depend on the model + shipping for each item. ASRock America will only provide warranty service to ASRock products purchased within North America.

»For ASRock IPC Authorized Distributors or direct customer:

ASRock IPC provide 24 months warranty service to Authorized Distributor or direct customer. End users should refer to the retailer or original vender RMA & Refund policy. If experiencing difficulties in warranty service through your dealer or place of purchase, ASRock will attempt to resolve this issue.

Generally provide 1 year to 2 year warranties through a seller - but you have to contact them directly for more specific information. Either way, it's likely out of warranty based on the information provided.

Reactions: noizfactory
Sep 7, 2020
A follow up question - my CPU is a 7th gen i7 7700K so the newer Z390 boards won’t work with this gen CPU, right? In that case are there any good suggestions for a Z270 board? Maybe it’s worthwhile trying to sell my Intel and go for the current gen AMD and equivalent Mobo.