[SOLVED] ASRock Z270 PRO4 Bios Login Issue

Oct 25, 2019
I've had this problem for nearly a year and finally decided to reach out some help on it so I can update my BIOS (which I never knew was a thing). Basically, a while ago I set a password for my BIOS. I am sure of the password and it is correct. When I enter the password, I get a black screen, then I move my mouse around and it creates little squares where I can see a different background. This happened when I set a password for it an haven't been able to access the BIOS since. I am entering the correct password which I am 100% certain of.

Solution
what popatim said.
But be aware that you can't just google for a method to clear CMOS.
While most of the time you can just do the battery method, it's best to use any specific method that is laid out by the manufacturer, so google for your motherboard make and model, then go to it's support page, then load up it's PDF manual in a browser and look for their specific method for resetting the BIOS.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
what popatim said.
But be aware that you can't just google for a method to clear CMOS.
While most of the time you can just do the battery method, it's best to use any specific method that is laid out by the manufacturer, so google for your motherboard make and model, then go to it's support page, then load up it's PDF manual in a browser and look for their specific method for resetting the BIOS.

Solution